Mcfly-In concert

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Mcfly-In concert

Post by ukevents »

Woo hoo I was not looking forward to tonight but after a few beers I had a really cool unforgettable experience!
With a name after Marty Mcfly (back to the future) these guys are here to definatley stay in the music scene!

The lads Danny Jones, Tom Fletcher, Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter, Mcfly entered the charts straight at number one with their debut single "5 colours in her hair" and havent left the charts since.

Their music inspirations include The who, The Beatles, Beach Boys, Led Zepplin, Bruce Springsteen <(no way), and Blink 182.
The guys have wrote most of their songs along with help from James Bourne (Busted).

I know there is alot of hype with people saying Mcfly sound like Busted, but f*** OFF do they!!! Mcfly are so much better, their songs arent cheesy and well they play their instruments better, no offense to those who like busted cos I do actually like Busted!

Anyway I went to their concert tonight in Plymouth (which was one of many places in the uk featured in their first tour) it was filled with loads of screaming girls, waiting for Mcfly to play, the first two supporting acts came on first who frankly were a load of balls to be honest called 5 boyz and 24/7 they nearly put to sleep with their chessy backstreet boys voices and the "Im so irresistible look".

Anyway Mcfly came on with a brilliant entry which had me blown away, these guys could really play their instruments, they entertained the crowd a treat and played many songs from their album such as Obviously, That Girl, Not alone (one of my favourites) and Broccoli.
The guys also played an amazing cover of The Beatles- She loves you so all the parents there tonight could join in and groove to the sounds of Mcfly!

Danny Jones on the guitar was a legend, never missed a chord and did many insane powerful guitar solos which had me drooling with envy also he has the most powerful voice ever for someone who is 18 years old, he really is the next guy from pop that alll the girls are gonna be fighting over!

Tom fletcher was also immense on the guitar, he voice was different and really awesome. Tom and the other Mcfly lads had this atmosphere on stage that showed how they rock and roll as a band.

Dougie was truly a genuis on the bass, now im a bass player and I could not beat that, he was slapping, popping his way through each song, i went green with jealousy not being able to play that well.

Now Harry although you couldnt see him hidden away behind the drum kit, he really did rock, cos whats music without drums and my gosh he was superb and he did keep the crowd entertained with his solo drumming and his good looks!

All in all it was a good night, I rocked all night so I sweated all my beer out and still had a fab time!!

Wow Id definatly see Mcfly again but as long as they dont remember me as the girl on their video camera whos boobs fell out and we laughed at her from our bus while filming it eeek!

By Ashlee Hill
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”