The Killers - Album review

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Killers - Album review

Post by ukevents »

After much encouragement and a few of their songs being played constantly on the radio I thought it was about time I bought Hot Fuss by The Killers.

The Killers allow tons of hints of 80s new wave in their songs, the power behind some of the songs, especially On Top, Somebody Told Me and Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine are something you don't hear often in music nowadays.

The Killers consist of Brandon Flowers - vocals/keyboards, David Keuning - guitar, Mark Stoermer - bass, and Ronnie Vannucci – drums that have influences from the Smiths, New Order, Oasis, and the Cure. They are originally from Las Vegas they had their fans hooked when they released ‘Somebody Told Me’ in the summer of 2004.

Hot Fuss is a fantastic debut cd, in a lot of ways this band is like a more-fun version of the Stills, even though lyrically the music can often be quite dark. Each song has its distinctive flavor.

The Killers are destined for success which is becoming more obvious by the day as they are slowly creeping up the album chart. I will be behind them every step of the way. They create smart and tasteful music that can be enjoyed by all. I very much recommend this album and give 10/10!!

By Amy Mullin – 01/02/05
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”