Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - A Little More Personal (Raw)

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - A Little More Personal (Raw)

Post by ukevents »

Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - A Little More Personal (Raw) [2005] (In UK stores from December 19th)

Lindsay Lohan's first album release - Speak - was a good, upbeat and energetic sounding CD. There was one problem with it though - there was too much of a mix of different song genres. However, her second album is a lot better and she seems to have found the sound that suits her best.

1. Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter To Father) - This is the first song off the album that has been released as a single. It is a slow, emotional song about her father, and shows that her voice has somewhat improved. Great song for the opening of an album. 8.5/10
2. Black Hole - Another good sounding, emotional song, with a catchy tune. 7/10
3. I Live For The Day - Yet another emotional sounding song, but a bit more upbeat than the previous two. 7.5/10
4. I Want You To Want Me - In my opinion, this is a great version of Cheap Trick's I Want You To Want Me. I even prefer this to the original. Very upbeat and catchy, and the vocals sound great too. 9/10
5. My Innocence - Like the first song, this is aimed at Lindsay's dad. Basically, she's saying 'Dad, you took my innocence away'. Although it's another emotional, slow song, it has a rather great, upbeat sounding chorus. 8/10
6. A Little More Personal - Probably one of the most 'pop' sounding songs on the album, but don't let that put you off. Like most of the songs on this album, it has a very catchy chorus that will get you singing along to it in no time. 8/10
7. If It's Alright - My favourite track on the album. In my opinion, Lindsay's vocals sound awesome in this song. Great tune, great lyrics and a great chorus. 9.5/10
8. If You Were Me - Personally, this is the worst track on the album; it's too 'poppy'. But it's still a good, catchy song. 5/10
9. Fastlane - Not as catchy as the others, but it's still a rather good track. 6/10
10. Edge Of Seventeen - Originally sung by Stevie Nicks. Lindsay's version of this is very good; her vocals sound great, and it's just spot on. 9/10
11. Who Loves You - Not a bad track, rather R'n'B sounding. Good effort, good vocals too. 7/10
12. A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) - After a few upbeat songs, you'd want the last one to be calm and relaxing. This song is just that - a great way to end the album. A positive, catchy song with great sounding vocals. 8/10

This album sounds a lot more mature than her previous, and she has even included two cover songs - both of which are actually quite good and I prefer her versions to the originals! She has shown with this album that she's not the 'stuck-up wannabe-singer' that most people are calling her; she's actually a very good singer with a great voice. Her first album was let down by her vocals, but she has improved immensely on this CD.

On the whole, it's a very good album - well worth buying! Overall, I would give this album: 9.5/10.

[By Leanne Halls - 03/12/05]

Proof Read by Alan for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”