Nelly Furtado – Loose Album Review

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nelly Furtado – Loose Album Review

Post by ukevents »

I have always been a fan of Nelly Furtado since I was bought her first album ‘Whoa Nelly’ when it was released in 2000.

When I heard ‘Promiscuous Girl’ on the radio for the first time last summer I didn’t even recognise that it was her. She has largely abandoned the Folk influence that manifests itself in singles such as ‘I’m like a Bird’ , which I have to say, I am always singing along to when it comes on and never tire of.

She has replaced this with a sexy, sensual, dominating, club like vibe in her music which more than shows in this album. The singles such as ‘Maneater’ and ‘Promiscuous’ personify this extreme change in her image and music. Her beautiful voice is not, however, lost in this album. Ballads such as All Good things and Say It Right give us a glimpse of what once was with an added heavier beat running underneath.

Furtado shows with this album her strength as an artist to try new sounds and new ideas without completely losing her original identity that won her initial success. She offers some Spanish songs where she collaborates with Juanes which I didn’t find particularly striking just because I felt that they didn’t quite belong with the rest of the album but for those who like a strong variety on one disc, you may disagree.

I think Nelly will have successfully won herself more than a few more fans with this sexy release whilst keeping hold of her original fans who enjoyed her more Bohemain approach to music.

Overall a good buy, one for use whilst getting ready for the club as well as snuggling up on the sofa for a night in with friends or the boyfriend.

Written by Georgia for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”