An Interview with (the) ON TRIAL (organisation)

Event Articles and Reviews
events
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by events »

(the) ON TRIAL (organisation) were born from boredom , constraint and a need to fulfill .......the side project that has become such fun is hitting the road.

A blend of 77 Punk/Garage Rock/90's skate punk. Mixing their love of horror, serial killing and sexual perversion into the lyrics it all makes for for a great show......

(the) ON TRIAL (organisation) are primarily a band but are also are involved in film making, gig promotion, dance, theatre, poetry and anything creative really! More info about our twisted look at the arts will become apparent as the organisation grows.

Interview by Amy Mullin

How long have you guys been together?

We've been a band only since January 2004

How did you meet?

We actually all play in other bands in the local scene and our paths crossed at shows constantly. We decided to form the band to fill a void in the local scene and become the super force we are today!

What are your musical influences?

We draw from all walks of music. We're heavily influenced by the punk scene. But each member listens to different things. Vocalist Jonny Wah Wah is into the old school punk, Bassist Lord Bertie is into your oi punk scene, drummer Clio is into rock and metal music, loads of Tool and myself, Mr. T i'm into your skate punk and hardcore punk. So we fuel everything into one and add in some Diana Ross and get the organisation's sound!

How did you come up with your bands name?

One drunken night when we were in a pub and it was a joke.

What are your plans for touring this year?

We've been quite busy with shows, right now our singer is on tour with his other band. we're not planning on too many shows at present as we're busy working on the album, but we have a few things in the melting pot. We are playing the Wasted/Holidays In The Sun festival in Morecambe in May though.

Which band at the moment that has made it big over the last year do you respect the most?

If 4Ft Fingers count, then them. They've been working so hard, playing 250+ shows a year all over the country and they're well sound blokes.

How would you describe your music to people?

A hybrid of love, sex, walks along the beah at moonlight, good sense of humour and non smoking.

Which is the best venue you have played at?

Best venue, would probably be when we played Rock City in Nottingham. But sometimes the best shows are the one's you don't expect and the smaller venues where the crowd are well up for it and we're on fine form.

Explain to us what you do on a 'normal' day?

Normally get stressed with all the others in the band and end up sorting them all out. We really need a PA so I can stop having to do it all.

Can you let us in on any secrets as to what the future holds for your band?

Yeah as I say I'm busy writing the album for the band right now, Wah Wah (vocals) will then scribble the lyrics. The main thing is that we've been asked to tour in October in Los Angeles. It's in the process of being booked for us right now. So that'll rock I'm sure! We're also in discussion about a co-headline tour in the UK and also Sweden with a Swedish band, but that's in the early stages right now.

Check out (the) ON TRIAL (organisation) at http://www.on-trial.org

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”