Busted- Live in concert 2/12/04

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Busted- Live in concert 2/12/04

Post by ukevents »

As most you know I was going to see Busted at the Birmingham NEC arena on the 2/12/04 and as you know I was very ,very excited because I was going to see the uk’s top band Busted play live.
I finally got to the NEC around 7:00 and it was packed, with people from all different ages, from kids to grannies and they all looked very excited!
While waiting for the support band to come on and of course Busted, the whole audience was doing the Mexican wave and watching music videos on the big screen from other big bands such as Mcfly, Green day and V (but V are not that big are they!!)
Anyway around 7:30 everything went dark and the first and only support band came on and my they were really good.
I still have yet to find out the bands name but they were not like I expected (because the Mcfly support bands sucked) . The band was not poppy at all and had my head banging throughout the set. The band also had a little treat for the crowd tonight, he announced that his little brother Matt was going to come and sing a song with the group. I did not think any thing of it, but then Matt from Busted came on stage and wow he has so much energy! Matt and his brother did a really cool song and many of the fans out there were screaming on the top of the lungs while I was squeezing my friend Bethan’s arm shouting
“There’s Matt, Oh my god it’s Matt�
The support band only played for about 20 minutes and wow I seriously do hope to see these guys on top of the pops soon!
So there we were waiting for Busted while the sound guys checked everything, the crowd screaming “BUSTED�
Then oh my gosh the light went dark and Busted came on, the crowd went wild, I went mad, Bethan went mad and the first song from the lads was “Crashed the wedding�. And wow these guys were soo unreal, I had to keep pinching myself to see if it wasn’t a dream.
I was on Matt’s side of the stage which was amazing because Matt was only 3 metres away and he kept all of us entertained.
Charlie was in the middle with his electric guitar looking very nice in flesh and James on the left looking very nice as well.
These guys can sing, they can play their instruments and if somebody tells you Busted suck, you can go haha nah they don’t, they each played two different instruments tonight and did not mess up at all, apart from Matt on the bass, but I don’t think anybody noticed that but as I am a bass player I noticed lol!
The stage was huge, You had Matt and James running all around it everywhere, up the slops, round the bars and well everywhere.
Charlie, well chazzers, he was amazing, I love his voice, He was amazing live and amazing on the drums and guitar. He did a solo by himself with the drummer and another gutiarist and he is so fit in the flesh.
James- he is so talented, He has the best voice of the lads by far, he did a solo of physco girl by himself and he played the keyboard as well. His voice was so nice and bloody brilliant, I cannot describe how good this lad really is, so you have to go and see the lads yourself!
Now Matt, He has so much energy, its unreal, he sings, he plays bass, and he dances like a loon but wow, he is the only one of the group that talked to the audience tonight- (well only me and bethan), he rocks on the bass, his voice is sooooo cool, his hairstyle rocks and I don’t like people who can play bass better than me! And his solo was fantastic- it was a cover of The clash- Should I Stay or Should I go! He was chucking himself around everywhere, giving it stacks and that was one of the best songs of that night!
The lads sang many of their songs wrote by themselves and some from Tom Fletcher (Mcfly) such as Crashed the wedding, The fabulous 3AM, Thunderbirds, What I go school for, (You name it, they played it!)
The audience was not impressed though when the guys had a break, they showed a clip of America or Busted on the big screen and which actually showed the guys girlfriends, well James and Charlies, and Matt speaking to his mum!! Bless him! But it didn’t bother, I was here to listen to their music and see matt in the flesh!
They had explosions and fire balls and ping pong balls coming from the stage, I kept jumping every time a fireball came up and the heat from it was immense cos I was so close to the front!!
I am so happy because they really did play so well and I saw Matt and he spoke to only me and Bethan and kept smiling at us and rolling his eyes!! (I think he knew we were drunk) I nearly got matt to throw his towel but he didn’t!
I suggest to everyone to go and see them live, you would have the best time in your life cos it certainly beats seeing Mcfly and a bit of reading!
And we were so close to the front, when we saw our seats we were like oh my god we are so close! Completely worth the price I have paid for the whole trip and an experience I know I wont forget in a long time!
I will certainly go and see them again and try and get the best seats again near Matt
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”