Album Review: Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Album Review: Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission

Post by ukevents »

Lostprophets – Liberation Transmission

As with many bands, it is always challenging to make sure your 3rd album is no less of a hit than your other 2 stunners. But when I went to purchase my copy of Lostprophets’ new album Liberation Transmission, I already had a feeling that I would not be disappointed. The first single off this album, "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)’", made sure of that.

Lostprophets’ debut album, Fake Sound of Progress, was packed full of heavy rock anthems that blew you away, but the second release, Start Something, was of a more mature nature; it seemed like they had found their own style in that album and that it would carry on throughout the following releases. But that is where I was wrong.

After reading many magazine articles, I was surprised to see their statement that said they "have grown out of their metal phase" and have decided to go for something different. Even though I love Lostprophets, I became rather skeptical; I was afraid that their music may turn into something more "poppy" sounding. Fortunately, I was proven wrong.

As soon I turned the CD on, the first tracked, titled "Everyday Combat", blew me away instantly. I have never heard such a great track to start off an album. And the second, "A Town Called Hypocrisy", wasn’t a let down either. Infact, they are both two of my favourite tracks of this album.

The majority of this album is packed full of heavy guitar chords and meaningful lyrics, but once we reach the 9th track, "4:AM Forever", we can witness a more softer side of Lostprophets. Much like the rest of the album, the lyrics are well thought and deep. As is the last track "Always All Ways (Apologies, Glances and Messed Up Chances)".

Unlike the following two releases, Ian Watkins has proved he can write some very true and meaningful lyrics. This is by far their best album, in my opinion. Whether that is because they have chosen a different sound, I do not know. All I know is that this album is definatly worth buying; you will not be disappointed at all.

The best tracks on the album are:

Everyday Combat

A Town Called Hypocrisy

Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)

4:AM Forever

Review By: Leanne Austin [16/07/06]
Join our events forum. Register for free today
Albertdek
Forum Member
Forum Member

Album Review Lostprophets Liberation Transmission

Post by Albertdek »

Thanks for your review. Ive had one of these for a few years and, although I travel extensively, have never used it. Time to try it out.

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”