Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - A Little More Personal (Raw)  (In UK stores from December 19th)
Lindsay Lohan's first album release - Speak - was a good, upbeat and energetic sounding CD. There was one problem with it though - there was too much of a mix of different song genres. However, her second album is a lot better and she seems to have found the sound that suits her best.
1. Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter To Father) - This is the first song off the album that has been released as a single. It is a slow, emotional song about her father, and shows that her voice has somewhat improved. Great song for the opening of an album. 8.5/10
2. Black Hole - Another good sounding, emotional song, with a catchy tune. 7/10
3. I Live For The Day - Yet another emotional sounding song, but a bit more upbeat than the previous two. 7.5/10
4. I Want You To Want Me - In my opinion, this is a great version of Cheap Trick's I Want You To Want Me. I even prefer this to the original. Very upbeat and catchy, and the vocals sound great too. 9/10
5. My Innocence - Like the first song, this is aimed at Lindsay's dad. Basically, she's saying 'Dad, you took my innocence away'. Although it's another emotional, slow song, it has a rather great, upbeat sounding chorus. 8/10
6. A Little More Personal - Probably one of the most 'pop' sounding songs on the album, but don't let that put you off. Like most of the songs on this album, it has a very catchy chorus that will get you singing along to it in no time. 8/10
7. If It's Alright - My favourite track on the album. In my opinion, Lindsay's vocals sound awesome in this song. Great tune, great lyrics and a great chorus. 9.5/10
8. If You Were Me - Personally, this is the worst track on the album; it's too 'poppy'. But it's still a good, catchy song. 5/10
9. Fastlane - Not as catchy as the others, but it's still a rather good track. 6/10
10. Edge Of Seventeen - Originally sung by Stevie Nicks. Lindsay's version of this is very good; her vocals sound great, and it's just spot on. 9/10
11. Who Loves You - Not a bad track, rather R'n'B sounding. Good effort, good vocals too. 7/10
12. A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) - After a few upbeat songs, you'd want the last one to be calm and relaxing. This song is just that - a great way to end the album. A positive, catchy song with great sounding vocals. 8/10
This album sounds a lot more mature than her previous, and she has even included two cover songs - both of which are actually quite good and I prefer her versions to the originals! She has shown with this album that she's not the 'stuck-up wannabe-singer' that most people are calling her; she's actually a very good singer with a great voice. Her first album was let down by her vocals, but she has improved immensely on this CD.
On the whole, it's a very good album - well worth buying! Overall, I would give this album: 9.5/10.
[By Leanne Halls - 03/12/05]
Proof Read by Alan for UKEvents.net
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Welcome to the UKEvents.net online forum. To join our forum you will need to register. Click on the register button at the top of the screen and follow the instructions. If you have already registered, click login at the top of the page and enter your username and password. Lost password ? Click here. Newsletter only ? Visit us here
Event Articles and Reviews
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Join our events forum. Register for free today