System of a Down – Mesmerize Album Review

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

System of a Down – Mesmerize Album Review

Post by ukevents »

I should definitely start off by saying that I am not a fan of heavy metal music, never have been and almost definitely never will be. However, for those of you who are like me, this album is surprisingly awesome.

I absolutely love the second track, B.Y.O.B simply because it’s so catchy! The rhythmic shifts within the song really caught my attention whilst I was listening to my boyfriend’s copy and I found myself really enjoying the sound, much to my shock. The thing that I like about this album is that is isn’t constant heavy metal, ear-destroying stuff, it shifts between that and a more melodic, tuneful sound with some nice acoustic additions which is what makes it different from all the other heavy metal I have come across previously.

I have read some reviews by obvious SOAD fans who are disappointed by the commercial taint on this album, one said ‘its like they have turned into an all out pop band over night.’ I’m afraid to say this is probably why my ears pricked up when listening because I sensed a difference in genre. So SOAD may have disappointed a few devoted fans with this album but gained a few more who are willing to compromise with the addition of some calmer, more tuneful melodies. ‘Toxicity’ and ‘Question’ were two of my other favourites because of their experimental shifts in melody.

I can’t believe I’m saying it but I have actually asked for this album for my birthday because I loved it so much. My eyes have been opened to a new genre of music and much as I hate to say it, I now own some heavy metal, and it’s good!

Written by Georgia for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”