The Killers - Sam`s Town (Album Review)

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Killers - Sam`s Town (Album Review)

Post by ukevents »

The Killers is a fairly new band to the rock scene but there are so many around these days that it wouldn’t take you long to loose count. It’s becoming pretty hard to remember every band and song that you like. So exactly what makes The Killers stand out from the crowd? Sam’s Town is their second album if compared to Hot Fuss its very different in the pace and the styles of songs. This album seems to be very straightforward and honest which is what I love about it. When You Were Young is the song that I think many people can relate to because it describes a certain situation in a unique way.

For Reasons Unknown is my favorite song on this album and I can’t really explain why. I love this line “And my heart don’t beat the way it used to” the fact that the reason for these events is not known makes me connect with the song. It reminds me of the first time you fall in love and you don’t know what is happening to you yet you can’t find the obvious answer. I might be wrong and this song might have nothing to do with love but I see it this way. What story do you think is being told here? I don’t even have to bet that all of you will see it differently if compared to my version.

I wasn’t disappointed by the lyrics or the beat of the songs on this album however there was one thing that disappointed me. Have you seen the video to Read My Mind? I bought the album before the video came out and I always imagined it to be about the singers’ personal thoughts on some sort of a journey but the actual video has completely ruined the song to me. What has it got to do with some green bird walking around? That’s one thing that really contrasts with the sophisticated video for When You Were Young, don’t you think? Read My Mind was a good choice for a single but the video wasn’t put right. Overall I enjoy listening to this album as well as their last one because there is something in the lyrics that I always find to relate to.

Written by Kate Kayuda for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”