Air Traffic – Fractured Life : Album Review

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Air Traffic – Fractured Life : Album Review

Post by ukevents »

The Bournemouth four-piece excel in their first album release, Fractured Life. After receiving critical acclaim for their recent single, Shooting Star, Air Traffic have gone from strength to strength. Exposure by Radio 1 and in particular Steve Lamacq has definitely helped; but this record would have made Air Traffic a success no matter what.

Fractured Life is an album of brilliance mixed with sometimes harsh, mood music. The album begins with the jumpy, up-beat tones of Just Abuse Me and then moves on to Charlotte, an edgy indie anthem all about sexual euphoria, which appeals to almost anyone and is a highlight track of the album. The lead track however, has to be Shooting Star, an epic track that combines brilliant piano with the rock of the guitar and becomes an instant hit of 2007. Time Goes By is a heart-felt ballad that again finds harmony between guitar and piano to create some outstanding music, showcasing a subtle side to Air Traffic’s music and one that definitely suits. Never Even Told Me Her Name is one of my personal favourites on the album, a kooky, up-tempo song that uses the more jazzy, funky tones of the piano to awesome effect. The album finishes with the ballad Your Fractured Life, a fantastic ending to an all-round top quality album.

Although maybe not in the same limelight as other Indie bands such as ‘Arctic Monkeys’ or ‘Kaiser Chiefs’, Air Traffic are also not in the same mould, they have that something different about them. This something different is what makes Fractured Life a great debut album and will ensure Air Traffic reach even dizzier heights.

Written by Matthew for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”