Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - Speak

Event Articles and Reviews
ukevents
Forum Member
Forum Member

Album Review: Lindsay Lohan - Speak

Post by ukevents »

Thought I'd do my first album review, hope you all like it.

Lindsay Lohan - Speak (2005)

Speak is Lindsay Lohan's debut album, which is definitely a rather mixed-sounding CD. Rumours is very upbeat and a lot like something you'd expect from Jennifer Lopez, whereas Over is filled with catchy guitar chords and beats that'll get you tapping your feet.

1. First - A good song for the opening of the album, filled with dance beats and the distant sound of a guitar all the way through the song. 8.5/10
2. Nobody 'Til You - Very 'poppy' song. Vocals aren't all that great. 6/10
3. Symptoms Of You - Good comeback from the disappointment of the previous song. Starts off with just a backing piano which continues throughout the song, and is accompanied by a guitar and catchy drum beats. Vocals also sound good in this song! 8/10
4. Speak - Not a great opening to the song, which has catchy dance beats all the way through. 6.5/10
5. Over - Probably the best track on the album. Full of attitude, catchy beats and a great guitar tune. 9/10
6. Something I Never Had - Catchy song with catchy beats. Not bad. 8/10
7. Anything But Me - Lindsay's vocals are at their poorest in this song, and it lets it down a lot (especially in the last line of the song). Worst track on the CD. 4/10
8. Disconnected - Not too bad at first, but the lyrics drag on a bit after a while and get predictable. She also struggles to reach the high notes throughout. 5/10
9. To Know Your Name - Similar to Speak with its beats, but (like in most of the songs) the vocals let it down. 6.5/10
10. Very Last Moment In Time - Vocals in the chorus need improving, but a very catchy and soppy song. 7/10
11. Magnet - Very catchy and a great song to dance to. 8.5/10
12. Rumours (UK bonus track) - In my opinion, this isn't the sound that suits Lindsay best. She's trying to edge onto R & B, and it doesn't work. A good song though with great beats. 8/10

For a first album, it isn't too bad, but it seems like her and the producers didn't really know which sound suits her, so therefore they made an album which consists of a bit of everything. I think if she's going to make a second, she needs to find which genre she feels suits her best, and that'll make a better CD. Also, her voice isn't all that good throughout. She does sound like she's breathing through her nose and losing her breath most of the time, so she needs to work on that.

Overall, it's not a bad album. I'd give it 7/10.

(By Leanne Halls - 19/10/05)

Proof Read by Alan for UKEvents.net
Join our events forum. Register for free today

Return to “Event Articles and Reviews”